At Guy's and St Thomas', we offer a wide range of staff benefits and services. Being situated in the heart of London means you have a whole host of attractions right on your doorstep.
We also offer a range of opportunities and activities to help promote your health and well-being.
- helping you to be healthy – we have a health and well-being programme ' 5 ways to a healthier YOU' to support and encourage you to make good lifestyle choices and lead healthier lives
- training and development opportunities - we have our own dedicated education centre close to St Thomas', providing education and training courses. We also make sure staff have regular appraisals and personal development plans
- encouraging activity - we support our staff to act as role models and gain the benefits of physical activity
- promoting your mental well-being
- we support and encourage you to use our stop smoking service and have implemented a no smoking policy for all staff on Trust property
- encouraging a good work-life balance - we recognise that a well-balanced work-life increases productivity and staff satisfaction. We have a range of benefits to help you, including our sports and social club.
Benefits of working in the NHS
Paid annual leave
When you start working for the NHS you receive the following days annual leave, pro-rata, plus bank holidays:
- 27 days when you start
- 29 days after five years service
- 33 days after 10 years service.
For information on banding and pay, see our pay scales chart (PDF 41Kb) - effective from 1 April 2015.
NHS pension scheme
The NHS pension scheme is still one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. When you start working for the NHS you automatically become a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits.
Supporting LGBT staff
We are proud of our equality achievements.
Jayne King, co-chair of our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) staff forum says "if you can be your whole self you make a better employee."
Read more of Jayne's blog.