Show you care - become a member and support us
Membership is free, and as a member you will be able to:
- vote for your representatives on the Council of Governors
- stand for election yourself to the Council of Governors
- receive regular information about what we are doing
- attend the Council of Governors meetings
- come to our popular health seminars
- meet our experts
- advise on the information given to patients
- take part in surveys and consultations.
About our members
Membership of Guy’s and St Thomas’ is divided into constituencies. Each constituency votes for its representative on the Council of Governors.
The constituencies are:
You can choose to become a patient member if you:
- have been a patient of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in the last five years
- are aged 18 or older.
You can choose to become a public member if you:
- are aged 18 or older
- live in one of the London boroughs of Southwark, Lambeth, Westminster, Lewisham or Wandsworth.
All staff who are employed under a permanent contract of employment or on a fixed term contract of at least 12 months by Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust are automatically enrolled as staff members – unless they choose to opt out.
You can also become a member of the staff constituency if you are employed by King’s College London or London South Bank University and have been continuously based at our Trust for at least 12 months.
Please refer to our constitution (PDF 318Kb) for more details.