Guy’s Cancer organises a range of events throughout the year for our patients, the public, staff and members.
To find out what’s going on, in and around our hospitals and community services and how you can get involved, see below.
Events at the Gordon Survivorship Centre
Health and well-being events for Cancer Centre patients
Find out what's on at the Welcome Village in May (PDF 405Kb).
Join our Gordon Survivorship walking group (Word 821Kb).
Free colour matching and visualisation event
- Date: Wednesday 17 May, 1-2.30pm
Find out what colour best suits you based on your natural colouring. For more information, please download the flyer (PDF 34Kb)
Our current health and well-being events are by invitation only. You can speak to your specialist nurse or therapist to find out more information about how to book a place.
- 'Moving forward' is held four times a year for breast cancer patients who have completed their treatment.
- 'Recovery in motion' is held once every six weeks for breast cancer patients after surgery and before starting additional treatment (chemotherapy and radiotherapy).
- Gordon Survivorship Centre and Dimbleby Cancer Care will run a health and well-being event all open to any cancer patient who has completed their treatment.
- 'Pre-treatment seminar for prostate cancer patients' is a mandatory seminar prior to starting treatment for prostate cancer.
- 'Erectile dysfunction and continence seminar' is for prostate cancer patients.
- 'Healthy hormones' is for prostate cancer patients. This seminar is held twice a year and is a whole day event.
- 'Discharge seminar' is for prostate cancer patients who have completed their cancer treatment. This seminar is held every three months.
- 'Lymphoedema group teaching session' takes place every other Monday in the afternoon. It is run by the specialist lymphoedema nurse or physiotherapist.
- 'End of rehab, what now event' is held four times a year for head and neck cancer patients.
- 'Physical activity for cancer survivors' is run in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support. This programme is open to all cancer patients who have completed their treatment.
- 'Lung cancer health and well-being event' is for lung cancer patients. This is a full day (10am-4pm). It is held once every two months.
- 'Health and well-being event for colorectal cancer patients' is held every four months (10.15am–4.10pm).
- 'Weight loss programme' is open to patients who have completed treatment for cancer.
'We're all in this together' – cancer survivors celebrate hope
Hundreds of cancer survivors came together in a celebration of hope at Guy’s Hospital on Sunday 5 June.
Cancer Survivors’ Day 2016 saw more than 750 people including patients, staff, families and friends enjoy live music and entertainment, exhibits, tours of the new Cancer Centre at Guy’s, which opened in September, and a very special fashion show.
Cancer Survivors’ Day is an international event which is held on the first Sunday in June in many communities around the globe. The UK’s first Cancer Survivors’ Day celebration was held at Guy’s last year.
Cancer Survivors’ Day was supported by Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity which supports cancer care and services locally and has also helped to fund Guy’s Cancer Centre with £26.7 million.
Find out more and how you can help
To find out more or make a donation to Guy’s Cancer Centre Appeal, text GUYS to 70800 or visit the fundraising website.
For a full calendar of events, see our main events section.