Our values and pledges to patients and staff
Our values drive everything that we do.
- ensure that all of our patients’ basic needs are met all of the time
- ensure our staff honour the pledges to patients and staff set out in the NHS Constitution
- improve the way that we include patients and their carers in decision making
- develop new ways to receive feedback from our patients
- support and develop our staff so they always act in the patient’s best interest
- ensure our Board of Directors and governors are visible to patients and staff.
- ensure that we have the right staff with the right skills caring for each patient
- foster a safety culture which is based on transparency and openness
- implement a zero tolerance approach to avoidable harm
- continue to support our staff to develop the skills they need to provide safe high quality care
- constantly monitor standards of care and respond quickly if there are concerns.
- develop a range of initiatives that support our staff and help them to demonstrate the right values and behaviours at all times
- ensure staff respect their colleagues and respond positively to our diverse workforce and local community
- ensure leaders at all levels are visible and model the Trust values and behaviours.
- balance safety, quality and efficiency
- seek to be a national leader in patient safety
- build on Barbara’s story and seek to be nationally recognised for the provision of exceptional care for our most vulnerable patients
- continue to develop our workforce so that all our staff strive to do their best.
- ensure our staff feel listened to
- provide regular feedback to our staff
- ensure our staff are always supported to have the courage to speak up if they have any concerns.
Download our values and our pledges to patients and staff (PDF 466Kb).
Showing we care film
We asked our staff, patients and volunteers what our values mean to them.