Volunteer recruitment is closed. Please contact your local council to see what volunteering opportunities they have.
If you are interested in paid clinical and support roles through our staff bank, please visit our staff bank webpage.
Applying to be a volunteer
Please read the role description to make sure you have the skills and are available.
For an application form, please email email@example.com.
If you are applying for more than one role, put them in order of preference on the form. Please provide as much information as possible in your form.
If you would like a paper copy, please contact us.
We will confirm we have received your form.
If your application is successful, we will invite you for an interview. If you have not been successful, we will let you know.
The interview will take place with a member of our team and someone from the department you will be volunteering in. It is your chance to find out more about the role.
If you are offered the role we will carry out some checks before you start.
- Police check: we will ask you to complete a form which is sent off to the Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS)
- Reference: please provide details of people who can provide a reference on your application form
- Occupational health screening: we will ask you to complete a screening form and send it back to occupational health
Once these checks are done, we will arrange your start date.
You will come to a volunteer induction session. These take place Monday to Friday, 9.15am to 3.30pm.
The recruitment process takes 6 to 12 weeks.
On your first day a member of our team will meet you. We will:
- give you your ID badge
- give you a volunteer jacket (if needed)
- take you to the area you are volunteering with
- introduce you to the person who will be doing your local induction
We will contact you to see how your placement is going. You can also contact us at any time if you have any concerns.