Current volunteer roles
Please see the current volunteer roles we have.
This role is opportunity to help tackle the health inequalities faced by the Armed Forces community.
We are looking for people who can work as part of our Armed Forces programme team to make a real difference to the lives of the military community.
You'll need strong people skills as you'll be talking to armed forces, reservists, veterans and their families on our wards and supporting their care.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you are an armed forces veteran or part of the armed forces family with a passion for helping this community, but this is not essential.
Please email [email protected] for more information and the role description.
Please read the role description to make sure you have the skills and are available.
For an application form, please email [email protected].
If you are applying for more than one role, put them in order of preference on the form. Please provide as much information as possible in your form.
If you would like a paper copy, please contact us.
We'll confirm we have received your form.
If your application is successful, we'll invite you for an interview. If you have not been successful, we'll let you know.
The interview will take place with a member of our team and someone from the department you will be volunteering in. It is your chance to find out more about the role.
If you're offered the role we'll carry out some checks before you start.
- Police check: we'll ask you to complete a form which is sent off to the Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS)
- Reference: please provide details of people who can provide a reference on your application form
- Occupational health screening: we'll ask you to complete a screening form and send it back to occupational health
Once these checks are done, we'll arrange your start date.
You'll come to a volunteer induction session. These take place Monday to Friday, 9.15am to 3.30pm.
The recruitment process takes 6 to 12 weeks.
On your first day a member of our team will meet you. We'll:
- give you your ID badge
- give you a volunteer jacket (if needed)
- take you to the area you are volunteering with
- introduce you to the person who will be doing your local induction
We'll contact you to see how your placement is going. You can also contact us at any time if you have any concerns.