Posted on Wednesday 27 May 2015
National smile month
Celebrating Natonal Smile Month at Guy's and St Thomas'
National Smile Month is organised by the British Dental Health Foundation to raise awareness of important health issues and make a difference to the oral health of millions of people.
The campaign has three simple messages:
- brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with a fluoride toothpaste
- cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks
- visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
National Smile Month is a good opportunity to reflect on your own habits and to encourage others to do the same.
At Guy’s and St Thomas’ we’re marking National Smile Month with events on both hospital sites:
- Friday 29 May, 10am-3.30pm, main reception, Guy’s Hospital
- Thursday 11 June, 12 noon-4.30pm, birdsong corridor, St Thomas’ Hospital
- Friday 19 June, 10am-2pm, joint events with the smoking cessation team on the day that Guy’s and St Thomas’ goes smoke-free, Guy’s Hospital Atrium 2.
At the events, you can meet members of Guy’s and St Thomas’ dental services team, and receive information and free gifts to help you to keep your mouth healthy.