Celebrate Dignity Action Day with us on Friday 1 February.
Sarah Allen, head of patient experience at Guy’s and St Thomas’, says "Here at Guy’s and St Thomas’, we’re passionate about upholding the right to dignity for all of us – for our patients, their family, friends and carers, and for our staff."
"Delivered in partnership with the Lambeth Pensioners Action Group (LAMPAG), we’ll be celebrating Dignity Action Day on 1 February by giving you the opportunity to find out about the ways we protect everyone’s individual right to dignity across the Trust and for you to think about what dignity means to you and your loved ones.”
Come along to our event and find out more about:
- Our catering services and how they have been designed to support those who need it most during mealtimes
- Hear from our colleagues who work on the Trust’s inpatient wards, highlighting some of the things we do to help preserve dignity, such as our red peg initiative
- Find out about a new outpatient project designed around patient dignity
- Hear from Katie Roff, activity co-ordinator for patients on our elderly care wards
- Learn about the carers’ passport and how they’re helping carers become more involved in patient care
- Help us build our Digni-tree – tell us what dignity means to you and help us grow the conversation around respect and dignity in healthcare.