Cecilia Compton trained as a genetic counsellor in the USA. She is certified by the American Board of Genetic Counselling and is working towards her registration in the UK.
Cecilia is currently involved in setting up breast cancer genetics services for Jersey.
Education and training
- University of Kansas: BSc, Genetics & BA, Psychology
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: BSc, Medical Genetics (genetic counselling)
- Hill, M., Compton, C., Karunaratna, M., Lewis, C., & Chitty, L. (2014). Client views and attitudes to non-invasive prenatal diagnosis for sickle cell disease, thalassaemia and cystic fibrosis. Journal of genetic counseling, 1-10
- Hill M, Compton C, Lewis C, Skirton H, Chitty L. (2012). Determination of foetal sex in pregnancies at risk of haemophilia: a qualitative study exploring the clinical practices and attitudes of health professionals in the United Kingdom. Haemophilia, 18(4):575-83
- Cavanagh L, Compton CJ, Tluczek A, Brown RL, Farrell PM. (2010). Long-term Follow-up of Genetic Counseling Following False-Positive Newborn Screen for Cystic Fibrosis. Journal of Genetic Counseling. 19(2):199-210
Secretary: 020 7188 1402
Area of expertise: genetics
- Cancer genetics
- BRCA Family Service
- Huntington’s Disease
Last updated: April 2022