Consultant intensivist and anaesthetist
Chris Langrish has been a consultant intensivist and anaesthetist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2007.
Chris graduated from St Mary's Hospital in London in 1994 and went on to train in general medicine, anaesthesia and critical care across south west England, London and Sydney, Australia.
In recent years Chris has pursued interests in extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) and critical care education and training. He has been the clinical lead for the department since 2011 and is a trained appraiser.
Chris is an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) and the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine. He is also a specialist adviser for the Care Quality Commision (CQC).
Education and training
Qualifications and accreditations:
- MRCP (UK)
- FRCA DICM (UK)
Recent training undertaken:
- Quality improvement for chairs and chiefs - three day seminar on quality improvement and safety and value based healthcare at the Institute of Healthcare Improvement in the US
- Visited the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization in the US and ECMO centres in Paris, Berlin and Leicester to learn about current practice in ECMO
- Expert debriefing skills - one day training course at the Simulation and Interactive Learning (SaIL) Centre, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Local management training - Cass Business School
- ECMO simulation training - training course at the Maquet Centre in Baden Bas, Germany, focusing on technical drills for equipment failure.
Last updated: April 2022