Lead cancer family history nurse specialist
Kati has worked as a specialist family history nurse since 2010. Prior to joining the risk assessment team she worked for 14 years as a senior staff nurse in operating theatres in Guys' and St Thomas' Hospitals specialising in plastic surgery.
Education and training
- MSc in Applied Health Studies – University of Plymouth 2016
- PGDip in Genetic Healthcare – University Of Plymouth 2013
- Diploma in Anaesthetic and Theatre Nursing – Tampere College of Nursing, Finland
- Kati Paalosalo-Harris and Heather Skirton (2016) Mixed method systematic review: The relationship between breast cancer risk perception and health-protective behaviour in women with family history of breast cancer. Journal of Advanced Nursing. doi: 10.1111/.jan.13158
- Kati Harris and Belinda Lötter (2014) Chapter 38: Experiences of managing cancer family history in primary care in Genetics for Health Professionals in Cancer Care from Principles to Practice. Chris Jacobs, Lorraine Robinson, and Patricia Webb (eds). doi: 10.1093/med/9780199672844.001.0001
- Kati Harris and Belinda Lötter (2012) Focus on patients with a family history of cancer. Cancer Nursing Practice, 11 (8): 14-19.
Tel: 020 7188 1385
Email: [email protected]
Area of expertise: cancer risk assessment
Last updated: March 2022