Consultant paediatric anaesthetist
Katy Nicholson joined the trust as a consultant anaesthetist in 2014. Her major clinical interest is in anaesthesia for children (paediatric anaesthesia).
Education and training
- 2001: MbChB - University of Edinburgh
- 2004: Member – Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPCH)
- 2009: Fellow – Royal College of Anaesthetists
Dr Nicholson trained in anaesthesia in the Central London and South East Scotland schools of anaesthesia. She completed advanced paediatric anaesthetic training at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
In addition, she also completed a post CCT fellowship with the Children's Acute Transport Service.
- 2015: President’s Commendation – Royal College of Anaesthetists
Secretary telephone: 020 7188 0645
Area of expertise: anaesthesia for children.
- Neonatal (newborns) and paediatric anaesthesia.
- regional anaesthesia.
Last updated: April 2022