Maria Rosario Caballero
Maria Rosario Caballero is a consultant allergist and the adult allergy lead for Quality Improvement and Transition allergy care at Guy’s and Thomas's NHS Foundation Trust.
She trained in adult and children allergy at the University Clinic of Navarra in Spain. She also completed a PhD in investigating in vitro diagnosis of drug allergy, gaining the highest distinction. Prior to moving to the UK, she worked at the International Center for Interdisciplinary Studies of Immunology at the Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington DC, combining both interests in research and clinical work.
Her clinical interests are in rhinitis/conjunctivitis, asthma, immunotherapy, food allergy, drug allergy and promotion of the transition allergy service for adolescent patients and integrated care.
Education and training
- Fellowship in Allergy, Georgetown University Medical Centre, Washington DC (USA)
- PhD, University of Pamplona (Spain)
- Specialist training, University Clinic of Navarra (Spain)
- Medical Degree, University of Zaragoza (Spain)
- Genetic epidemiology of betalactams allergy reactions
- Induction of tolerance through early introduction of peanut high risk children (LEAP Study)
- Innovation in Drug Allergy, University Clinic of Navarra (Spain) 2004
Secretary: 0207 188 7263
Areas of expertise: immunotherapy, food allergy, drug allergy, allergy in adolescents
Last updated: October 2021