Robert Sarkany has been a consultant dermatologist at Guy's and St Thomas' since 2006.
He is a senior and experienced consultant in photodermatology, particularly for people suffering with:
- skin photosensitivity
- cutaneous porphyrias
- xeroderma pigmentosum
He set up our national xeroderma pigmentosum (XP) service in 2010.
Before 2006 he worked as a consultant dermatologist at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Croydon University Hospital.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, 2003
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in dermatology, 1998
- MD on the inheritance of human erythropoietic protoporphyria, University of London, 1994
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, UK,1989
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS) with Honours in pathology, 1986
- BSc in biochemistry and basic medical sciences 1st-Class Honours, 1983
Last updated: January 2023