Secretary: Shelia Marchant
Tel: 020 7188 3044
Area of expertise: severe respiratory failure, extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), therapeutic hypothermia.
Having begun a career in anaesthesia and critical care medicine in Yorkshire, Dr Glover completed his advanced training at Charing Cross and Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, London.
He has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2009. He specialises in severe respiratory failure and extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) as well as pursuing an interest in weaning and in therapeutic hypothermia.
Dr Glover is the departmental lead for critical care outreach.
Education and training
- 1998: MB ChB (University of Leeds)
- 2005: Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
- 2008: Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (UK)
- 2009: Certificate of Completion of Training - Intensive Care Medicine / Anaesthesia
- 2011: Fellowship of Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine.
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome / extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Targeted temperature management after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest.
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation
- Targeted temperature management (TTM) after out of hospital cardiac arrest - TTM trial principle investigator.