Dr Stefan AbelaContacts
Tel: 020 7188 4415
Area of expertise: orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics
Languages: English, Maltese, Italian and French
Dr Stefan Abela is a consultant and specialist in orthodontics at Guy's and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. He has been a specialist in orthodontics since 2011.
Stefan plays a very active role at Guy's and St Thomas’ Hospital Trust in training both postgraduate and undergraduate dentists. He has a vast knowledge and experience in orthodontics and orthognathic surgery and takes great pleasure in sharing his skills.
His special interests lie in orthodontic mini screws and lingual orthodontics. He has published multiple journals in international peer-reviewed journals and presented in international conferences.
Education and training
- Consultant appointment, Guy’s Hospital, London, March 2015
- Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, March 2014
- Associate of The Higher Education Academy, March 2012
- Specialist Status in Orthodontics, October 2011
- Membership of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Orthodontics, July 2011
- Master of Science, King’s College London, July 2011
- Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgeons of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, June 2007
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery, University of Malta, July 2003
Stefan has special interests in lingual orthodontics and implant-assisted orthodontics, having obtained a wide range of clinical skills and higher training throughout his career.