Tel: 020 7188 2092
Dr Jugdeep Dhesi trained in general internal medicine and geriatrics in Leicester and London. She was appointed consultant physician in the department of health and ageing at Guy's and St Thomas' in 2005.
She is the clinical lead for the innovative POPS service, which began in 2003. The service has rapidly become established both locally and nationally as a clinically effective, high quality, award-winning service.
- BSc 1992 - University of Leicester
- MBChB 1994 - University of Leicester
- PhD 2004 - University of London
- Peri-operative care for older people
- Bone health
- Health services research
- Optimisation of patients for surgery, in particular use of risk assessment tools, management of anaemia and reduction of post operative complications Doctorate on vitamin D and neuromuscular function, King's College Hospital, London.
- Current research focuses on optimisation of patients for surgery, use of risk assessment tools, management of anaemia and reduction of post operative complications.