Tel: 020 7188 4331
Fax: 020 7188 4318
Area of expertise: corneal, cataract and refractive surgery
Bruno Zuberbuhler is a consultant ophthalmic surgeon specialising in corneal, cataract and refractive lens and refractive laser surgery. He was appointed to the anterior segment services at St Thomas' Hospital in 2012, where he is training fellows from around the world.
Before joining the team in London he was director of the cataract services and research at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital from 2009 - 2012. He was a consultant to the cataract service at Moorfields Eye Hospital in 2009.
Education and training
Bruno completed subspecialty training fellowships in cataract, anterior segment and refractive surgery at the Vista Klinik in Basel, the Leeds General Infirmary, St James University Hospital in Leeds and Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
He earned an MD in kidney transplant surgery and a PhD in clinical informatics, developing techniques for the improvement of laser vision correction.
- corneal surgery: all forms of keratoplasty (PK, DALK, DSEK)
- cataract surgery: small incision phacoemulsification and complex cataract surgery
- refractive lens surgery: implantation of multifocal and toric intraocular lenses
- refractive laser surgery: LASIK and LASEK
- anterior segment reconstruction: iris reconstruction, secondary lens implantation
- external eye disease: management of dry eyes, blepharitis and conjunctivitis.
Bruno is active in cataract and refractive surgery research and has published many articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Bruno is the main author of the textbooks “Cataract Surgery” (Springer 2008) and “Corneal Surgery” (Springer 2013), and has contributed several chapters in other books.