Secretary tel: 0207 188 1390
PGD administrator: 0207 188 1392
Area of expertise: preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), prenatal genetics, cancer genetics
During my BSc Biological Sciences with Genetics degree, I specialised in human reproduction, embryology and cancer genetics.
I completed my MSc Genetic Counselling at the University of Manchester, and worked as a Trainee Genetic Counsellor at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust for 3 years.
During this time, I was elected as the New Genetic Counsellor Representative for the UK Association of Genetic Nurses and Counsellors (AGNC). I attained my professional registration with the Genetic Counsellor Registration Board (GCRB) in 2018, and moved to Guy’s & St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust to pursue my specialist interest in preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD).
Education / training
- BSc Biological Sciences with Genetics at University of Birmingham
- MSc Genetic Counselling at University of Manchester
- Professional Registration (GCRB) at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
1. Goldman, A, Metcalfe, A and MacLeod R. (2018) The Process of Disclosure: Mothers’Experiences of CommunicatingX-Linked Carrier Risk Information to At-Risk Daughters. Journal of Genetic Counselling. 27:1265-1274.
2. Faundes, V, Newman, W, Bernardini, L et al. (2018) Histone Lysine Methylases and Demethylases in the Landscape of Human Developmental Disorders. American Journal of Human Genetics. 102(1):175-187.
3. Fraser, H, Goldman, A, Wright, R et al. (Accepted 2018) A maternally inherited frameshift CDKL5 variant in a male with global developmental delay and late-onset generalized epilepsy. American Journal of Human Genetics. (Publication pending)