Area of expertise: genetic counselling in general genetics and preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Charlotte undertook a trainee genetic counsellor position at Bristol clinical genetics service from 2007 to 2009. She then worked as a genetic counsellor at St. George's Hospital clinical genetics service from 2009 to 2016. She then joined Guy's Hospital clinical genetics service in September 2016 and, in September 2018, moved into the consultant genetic counsellor in general genetics role.
- In 2010 she was certified by the Genetic Counsellor Registration Board (GCRB) and re-registered in 2015. She has been a GCRB assessor of portfolios for a number of years and was elected to the GCRB board in 2019.
- A member of the British Society for Genetic Medicine fetal medicine unit genomics steering committee
Education and training
- BSc in clinical genetics at Nottingham University
- MSc in genetic counselling at Manchester University
- Prenatal genetics and preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Genetic conditions impacting fertility
- Neurodegenerative conditions
- Psychosocial skills in genetic counselling
- Psychosocial impact of genomic medicine