Area of expertise: inherited cardiac conditions
Tootie is a cardiac genetic nurse working across Kings College Hospital and Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital. She is currently completing at PhD as a Health Education England/National Institute for Health Research Clinical Doctoral Research Fellow at King’s College London.
Tootie is a member of the Clinical Expert Advisory Group for Cardiomyopathy UK and volunteers for their patient support line.
She is the President-Elect for the British Association for Nursing in Cardiovascular Care and a member of the British Cardiovascular Society, the Association for Inherited Cardiac Conditions, and the Cardiovascular and the Ethics & Social Sciences Genomics England Clinical Interpretation Partnership. Tootie is on the editorial board of the British Journal of Cardiac Nursing.
Education and training
- PhD Nursing Research - King's College London, to complete in 2019
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice - University of Southampton, 2013
- PGDip in Genetic Healthcare - University of Plymouth, 2010
- BSc Nursing - University of The Philippines, 1994
- Inherited cardiac conditions
- Inherited neuromuscular conditions with cardiac features
- Genetic counselling for patients with inherited cardiac conditions
- Cardiac care for patients with inherited neuromuscular disease
- Bueser, T. Ride the wave of genomic healthcare: a new challenge in nursing (2017). British Journal of Cardiac Nursing, 12(5): 215
- Bueser, T. Supporting patients and families with inherited cardiac conditions (2017). Nursing Times, 113 (4): 52
- Nunn LM, Lopes LR, Syrris P, Murphy C, Plagnol V, Firman E, Dalageorgou C, Zorio E, Domingo D, Murday V, Findlay I, Duncan A, Carr-White G, Robert L, Bueser T, Langman C, Fynn S, Goddard M, White A, Bundgaard H, Ferrero-Miliani L, Wheeldon N, Suvarna SK, O’Beirne A, Lowe MD, UCL exomes consortium, McKenna WJ, Elliott PM, Lambiase PD (2015). Diagnostic Yield of Molecular Autopsy in Patients with Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome Using Targeted Exome Sequencing. Europace DOI: 10.1093/europace/euv285
- Child N, Muhr T, Sammut E, Dabir D, Ucar E, Bueser T, Gill J, Carr-White G, Nagel E and Puntmann V (2014). Prevalence of myocardial crypts in a large retrospective cohort study by cardiovascular magnetic resonance Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (16)66
- Quinlivan, R, Bourke, J, Bueser T (2012) Prevention and Treatment of Cardiac Complications in Duchenne and X-linked Muscular Dystrophy Intervention Protocol. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Watts, S., Bueser, T. and Robert, L. (2009) A multidisciplinary service for inherited cardiac diseases in a regional clinical genetics service. British Journal of Cardiac Nursing, 4(7):321-325