Secretary: Sarah Huthwaite Secretary tel: 020 7188 5708
Julie Reason 020 7188 3053
Area of expertise: kidney
- Graham M. Lord MA, MB BChir, FRCP, PhD qualified in medicine from Cambridge University in 1991
- General clinical training as a junior doctor in Cambridge, Hammersmith, Oxford and the Brompton.
- Following specialisation in nephrology, transplantation and general medicine as a registrar at the Hammersmith, he was awarded a CCST in Nephrology Transplantation and General (Internal) Medicine.
- Research in transplantation immunology at Imperial College London, leading to a PhD in 2000, funded by an MRC Clinical Training Fellowship.
- Appointed as a consultant in nephrology and transplantation at the Hammersmith in 2003.
- From 2003-2006, he undertook a period of immunological research at Harvard University funded by an MRC Clinician Scientist award
- Become the chair of medicine at Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College London in 2006.
- Genetics of renal transplantation
- Aristolochic Acid Nephropathy
- Translational research
Professor Lord has built up a research group at King's College London investigating T cell and dendritic cell biology and the genetics of renal disease. In addition, he practices clinical nephrology with a workload that focuses mainly on renal transplantation.
He was involved in devising the strategy and bid for the NIHR Comprehensive Biomedical Research Centre, and was appointed as deputy director of the centre and director of translational research development.