Secretary: Baljinder Sidhu
Secretary tel: 020 7188 6598
Area of expertise: plastic surgery; reconstruction and adult and paediatric hand surgery
Mr Andreas Fox has been a consultant at St Thomas’ Hospital since June 2014. He is the lead clinician for hand trauma at St Thomas’ and has developed the new hand and plastic emergency providing efficient integrated care.
Andreas qualified from Oxford University in 1999. He underwent specialist training in plastic and reconstructive surgery on the London Deanery rotation. He gained further specialist training in adult and children's hand surgery through Fellowships at Great Ormond Street Hospital and the prestigious Hand Unit at the Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney. His Aesthetic Fellowship was undertaken at the Wellington Hospital with further experience in Jersey.
Andreas is on the GMC specialists register for plastic surgeons.
He has an active interest in teaching and medical education. His research expertise is based on the role of bone marrow derived stem cells in wound healing.
Education and training
- FRCS (Plast), 2011
- DM (Oxon), 2009
- MRCS (Ed), 2003
- BM BCh (Oxon), 1999
- MA (Hons) 2.1 Physiological Sciences (Oxon), 1996.
- Adult and children's hand surgery both elective and trauma.
- General and aesthetic plastic surgery.
- The Mowlem Award, BAPRAS winter meeting
- The John Calder Prize, BAPRAS summer meeting
- Duke of Kent Research Fellowship
- The Robert McAlpine Fellowship
- Royal College of Surgeons (Ed) research grant
- Margaret Kenwright Young Scientist Award
- National Blood Service Research Travel Award
- Distinction Award, 1st BM, pre-clinical medicine, Oxford
- Foundation Scholarship, Corpus ChristiCollege, Oxford.
Andreas is a member of the following learned societies:
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- British Society of Surgery of the Hand (BSSH)
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS).