Tel: 020 7484 6901 or 020 7185 5656
Area of expertise: rheumatology
Languages: English, Gujarati
Dr Michael Irani is currently a locum consultant in rheumatology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
He qualified at King’s College Hospital and is a recognised teacher in medicine with the University of London and an examiner for the Royal Colleges of Physicians.
He has attended eight Olympic and Commonwealth Games as a field of play doctor for weightlifting, and he has acted as a medical officer for disability tribunals.
Education and training
- King’s College Hospital
- Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford
- Research fellow in biochemical pharmacology, King's College Hospital
- SR (rheum., neurology; GIM) Imperial School of Medicine
- Consultant and clinical lead Ashford and St Peter’s hospitals.
- FRCP (London, Glasgow, Edinburgh), FRCS
- Rheumatic disorders: osteoarthritis
- Inflammatory arthropathies (eg rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis)
- Crystal arthritis (eg gout and spinal pain).