Dr John White
Tel: 020 7188 2632
Area of expertise: diagnosis and management of all sexually transmitted infections/HIV
Dr John White is a sexual health doctor who has been a consultant in the Department of Genito-urinary Medicine at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust since 2004.
He sits on the Core Group of the European Collaborative Clinical Group of the International Union against Sexually Transmitted Infections (IUSTI).
Since 2009 he has been editor-in-chief of the International Journal of STD & AIDS.
Education and training
- May 2012 Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, London
- May 2009 Specialist Registration in Genitourinary Medicine, General Medical Council, UK
- September 2004 Foundation Fellowship of the Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine, Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Sydney, Australia
- July 2000 Fellowship of the Australasian College of Sexual Health Physicians, Sydney, Australia
- December 1996 Masters in Medicine (Sexual Health) - Coursework, University of Sydney
- April 1993 Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Sydney.
- bacterial sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- sexual health of men who have sex with men (MSM)
- diagnostic tests for HIV/STIs
- lymphogranuloma venereum infection in MSM.
Dr White is involved in several research studies involving the assessment of diagnostic tests and treatment for bacterial STIs and HIV.