Tel: 020 3049 7951
Secretary: Ceri Murphy
Tel: 020 3049 6806
Area of expertise: medical gynaecology, forensic gynaecology, sexual health.
Languages spoken: English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi
Trained in obstetrics and gynaecology, Dr Jawad works as a sexual and reproductive health consultant in the community, dealing with:
- family planning
- complex contraception
- ultrasound in family planning
- deep implants and lost IUDs (intrauterine devices) and IUS (intrauterine system) coils
- sexual health, particularly working with young people, vulnerable groups, trafficked people (The Poppy Project) and victims of war
- victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse
- outpatient gyanaecology patients.
Dr Jawad is a trained sexual offences examiner and has worked in forensic gyanaecology at King's College Hospital and The Havens.
Her other appointments include:
- member of the Higher Training Committee, Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health (FSRH) / Royal College of Obstretricians (RCOG)
- honorary lecturer
- lead educational supervisor speciality training programme (CSRH)
- educational supervisor, London Deanery
- member of working group, Dip FCASA
- examiner for Membership of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare of the FRSH and RCOG
- clinical/educational supervisor of the GP vocational training programme for sexual and reproductive health.
Education and training
- medical gynaecology
- family planning
- sexual health
- forensic gynaecology.
- King's Development Award, King's College Hospital 2003
- Ethicon Travel Award (RCOG) January 2003 – to attend the sexual assault forensic examiner training for healthcare professionals programme at the California Training Medical Centre, University of California Davis. USA
- commendation by Detective Constable Superintendent A. Baker, London Metropolitan Police.