Tel: 020 7188 7188 / 52740
Areas of expertise: thoracic surgery and general surgery
Lukacs Veres was trained in the prestigious University of Debrecen, Hungary. He is a specialist in general and thoracic surgery. He had his first consultant post in 2003. He has experience in all fields of adult thoracic surgery except lung transplantation.
He worked in Exeter, Southampton and was appointed in Guy's Hospital in 2013.
- VATS major surgeries (lobectomy, segmentectomy)
- Chest wall deformities (Nuss and Ravitch procedures) – to correct pectus excavatum and carinatum
- VATS sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis
- Does the extent of resection affect survival in patients with synchronous multiple primary lung cancers undergoing curative surgery? Toufektzian L, Attia R, Veres L Interact CardioVasc Thorac Surg 2014, accepted and under publication
- A complicated case of spontaneous oesophageal rupture managed by transgastric drainage Veres L, Sz.Kiss S, Kiss R, Enyedi A, Vegh T, Damjanovich L, Takacs I Magy Seb 2010 Jun, 63 (3): 121-4
- The treatment of spontaneous pneumothorax – focusing on the use of thoracoscopy Szentkereszty Zs, Csiszku A, Boros M, Veres L, Sz.Kiss S Magy Seb 2010 Jun, 63 (3): 112-7
- Intrathoracic migration of Kirschner wire Veres L, Kiss R, Boros M, Enyedi A, Takacs I, Kollar S, Damjanovich L, Sz.Kiss S Magy Seb 2009 Dec, 62 (6): 353-6
- The use of pulse-contour cardiac output-volumetric ejection fraction monitoring system n thoracic anaesthesia for high-risk patients: case report Vegh T, Beczy K, Juhasz M, Sira G, Balogh L, Veres L, Fulesdi B. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2009 Dec, 26 (12): 1085-8
- Abdominal hernia repair with No-React treated bovine pericardial patch Szerafin T, Leny A, Palotas L, Veres L, Homolay A, Papp C. Magy Seb 2008, 61 Suppl: 61-5, Review
- Changes in surgical therapy of pulmonary hydatid cysts. Kerekes L, Takacs I, Kollar S, Veres L, Sapy P, Sz.Kiss S. Magy Seb 2004 Dec, 57 (6): 358-363
- Early results following extensive surgery for benign nodular goitre (minimum lobectomy) Csaky G, Takacs I, Veres L, Boland MG. Magy Seb 2002, 55: 269-272