Secretary: Glenise De Oliveira
Secretary tel: 020 7188 1543
Area of expertise: transplantation and vascular access
Before moving to the UK, Mr Callaghan received his undergraduate medical education at the University of Otago, New Zealand. He was awarded a PhD in transplant immunology from the University of Cambridge, and then trained in multi-organ abdominal transplant surgery and vascular access surgery at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
Chris was appointed as a consultant to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in 2011.
- 2002-2005: Wellcome Trust Research Training Fellowship
- 2002-2005: Raymond and Beverly Sackler Scholarship
- 2005: Medawar Medal, British Transplantation Society
- 2008-2010: Academy of Medical Sciences / Wellcome Trust Starter Grant.
- Renal and pancreatic transplant surgery
- Vascular access surgery.
- Mechanisms of antibody-mediated rejection and B cell tolerance
- The use of autogenous veins in vascular access surgery
- Increasing the use of donation after circulatory death organs
- Improving the utilisation of donated organs.