Secretary: Miah Masud
Secretary email: email@example.com
Secretary tel: 020 7188 0243
Area of expertise: male lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic hyperplasia, holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP), prostate cancer diagnostics, stone disease, endourology, general urology
Languages spoken: English and Greek
Marios Hadjipavlou was jointly appointed as a consultant urological surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and honorary consultant at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust.
He qualified from King's College London School of Medicine and afterwards began his surgical and urological higher specialist training in hospitals in the south east of England. His specialist training included laser prostatectomy for patients with very enlarged prostates, advanced prostate cancer diagnostics using MRI-guided transperineal prostate biopsies and endoscopic management of stone disease. He also has a special interest in diagnostic urology and performs a wide range of general urological procedures.
Marios has recently served as an expert advisor for the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) in the development of guidance for several new medical technologies for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
He is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate training. He has a strong academic interest and is a member in several urological associations including the British Association of Urology (BAUS), the European Association of Urology (EAU) and Société Internationale d'Urologie (SIU).
Education and training
- Higher specialist urological training at South London and Wessex Deaneries (2015-2020)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Urology (FRCS Urol) (2018)
- Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery (MBBS), King's College London School of Medicine (2009)
- Bachelor of science (BSc) in physiology with basic medical sciences (Hons), King's College London (2006)
- Male lower urinary tract symptoms/benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP)
- New minimally invasive technologies for management of prostatic enlargement (Urolift® and Rezum ®)
- Prostate cancer diagnostics
- Urinary stone disease/endourology
- General urology and diagnostics
- Prize for best poster (co-author) – Société Internationale d'Urologie Congress, Athens, Greece (2019)
- First prize for best podium presentation – Royal Society of Medicine, Urology Section, London (2017)
- Prize for best abstract in prostate biopsy – European Association of Urology Annual Congress, London (2017)
- Prize for best abstract in urological trauma and emergencies – European Association of Urology Annual Congress, London (2017)
- Prize for best poster – Royal Society of Medicine, Urology Section, London (2013)