We're one of the largest services in the UK for complex headache and facial pain.
We have 15 headache clinics each week providing assessment, investigation and treatment.
Our fast-track cluster headache clinic is the only one of its kind in the country.
We work with our pain management and neuromodulation centre. This is an international centre of excellence.
Consultants in the headache service:
- Dr Giorgio Lambru, consultant neurologist
- Dr Ivona Tylova, consultant neurologist
- Dr Adnan Al-Kaisy, consultant in pain medicine and neuromodulation, clinical lead of the pain management centre
- Dr Stefano Palmisani, consultant in pain medicine and neuromodulation
- Dr Thomas Smith, consultant in pain medicine
- Professor Tara Renton, consultant in oral surgery, King's College Hospital
- Sinan Barazi, consultant neurosurgeon, King's College Hospital
- Nicholas Spahr, consultant physiotherapist in pain management
- Dr Anna Andreou, consultant headache neurophysiologist
Research and clinical trials
We take part in local, national and international headache studies. We have close links with the headache research team at King's College London.
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.
Our research work aims to:
- improve understanding of headaches
- investigate new treatments
- develop current treatments
- improve the quality of life for headache patients
We may ask if you want to take part in our research. It won't affect your care in any way if you do not want to.