What does the MSLC do?
The MSLC aims to promote and develop maternity services at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. It is committed to improving the overall quality of care delivered to women
The committee provides an opportunity for parents to have their say about maternity services and is chaired by Clare Spink a user representative.
Who can become a member?
Membership is open to:
- local women of child bearing age
- pregnant women and their partners
- parents of a baby
- potential users and women who have had a baby and may have subsequent children.
As well as women who have their babies at St Thomas’, membership of the MSLC includes:
- maternity commissoners
- health visitors
- other local stakeholders eg NCT teachers
- senior staff from Guy’s and St Thomas’.
We welcome new members, please find out how to join the MSLC. User members are encouraged to share their views about maternity care at St Thomas'. The term 'user member' is used to refer to someone with the remit to put forward the views of service users (Department of Health 2006). More about the maternity services liaison committee and joining details.