We are licensed by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority to undertake specific projects which are important for the continuing development of treatment.
Our research projects aim to:
- investigate how to improve the success rates of IVF
- gain more information about preimplantation diagnosis for genetic disease
- increase the number of genetic disorders for which we can offer PGD
- check the accuracy of each of the new tests
- develop better, simpler and more techniques
- use stem cells for treatment and research.
You are under no obligation to donate your spare eggs, sperm or embryos to research. You must sign a consent form for each research project to confirm that you agree to take part. Your decision will not:
- affect your acceptance for treatment
- change in any way how your treatment is carried out.
Eggs, sperm and embryos donated to research are never used to treat other patients.