About the service
St Thomas' private hand therapy service provides specialist hand therapy and physiotherapy care for patients with non-surgical or surgical conditions of the hand and forearm.
Patients receive a thorough assessment and treatment session tailored to the individual, to maximise recovery and functional return.
Working closely with hand specialist consultants your therapist will have a sound understanding of any surgical procedures performed and the plan for your rehabilitation.
Conditions appropriate for hand therapy
- chronic instabilities
- hand fractures and soft tissue injuries
- non-traumatic syndromes - such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, carpal tunnel and De Quervain's
- tendon repair
- work related upper limb disorders (RSI)
- wrist injuries.
- custom-made splint fabrication
- exercise and work rehabilitation
- functional rehabilitation (including ergonomic assessment and modification)
- joint mobilisation
Contact the service
For further information or to arrange an appointment, please contact the private physiotherapy team:
Tel: 020 7188 5097
Fax: 0207 188 5096