Our dermatology department is known as St John's Institute of Dermatology. It opened in 1863, and is now one of the world's leading centres for patients with skin disease.
We are the largest clinical dermatology department in the UK.
- treat a wide range of skin diseases from common ones to rare and very severe conditions requiring treatments not available elsewhere in the UK
- are an internationally recognised centre of research into skin diseases
- are a postgraduate training centre in dermatology for other health professionals, including dermatologists from all over the world.
- outpatient departments at both Guy's and St Thomas'
- inpatient beds
- intermediary care and outpatient day care suites
- a dermatology surgery and laser treatment centre
- a clinical research area and laboratories.
See the specialties tab to see the services that our department offers.
Programme of improvements
Self check-in and electronic patient calling system is coming soon to the dermatology (Bermondsey) reception.
This programme of improvements forms part of our wider transformation of dermatology, lupus and rheumatology services at Guy’s Hospital. Read more in the April edition of the GRIDA newsletter (PDF 399Kb).
From May 2015 key features of the new reception (PDF 93Kb) will include:
- state-of-the-art check-in system
- modern electronic patient call forward system
- on-screen messaging providing clinic waiting times.
These improvements will speed up the check-in process with no need to queue at reception, help direct you to your appointment room and keep you informed while you wait.
If you have questions about your future appointments, please contact dermatology (Bermondsey) on 020 7188 6306.