St Thomas' Hospital
9th floor, North Wing
Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7EH
Tel: 020 7188 3612
Matron: Jackie Bines
Ward manager: Nicola Green
Download the Mark Ward map (PDF 43Kb)
Directions: from the main North Wing entrance, turn right at main reception and take the first left into North Wing. Take the lift up to the 9th floor. Mark Ward is signposted.
Mark Ward specialises in looking after stroke and neuro-rehabilitation patients.
- Number of beds: 28, comprising bays of four to six beds and four single rooms.
- Staff: consultants, registrar and junior doctors; nurses, including a stroke clinical nurse specialist; physiotherapists; speech and language therapists; occupational therapists; dietitians; pharmacists; housekeeping team.
Information for visitors
- Visiting hours are flexible on Mark Ward. Speak to the nurse in charge.
- No more than two visitors per patient at one time.
- Please bring clothing/toiletries for the person you are visiting - this helps our patients not to feel 'hospitalised', helps with their mood and is more dignified for them.
- You can use your mobile phone on the ward, but please respect other patients while using it, especially when they may be asleep. Please keep your phone on silent.
Your care on Mark Ward
Our welcome pack
We provide more information about your stay in our welcome pack. This contains a welcome booklet, which explains what to expect during your stay and what will happen on the day you are ready to leave hospital.
It also includes things to help make your stay as comfortable as possible, such as ear plugs, an eye mask, hand wipes, toothpaste, a toothbrush and non-slip socks.
Ward rounds generally start at 9.30am. The meeting your ward team page gives more information about the general ward routine.
- Breakfast: 7.30am.
- Lunch: 12.30pm.
- Dinner: 5.30pm.
We have a 'protected mealtime' policy between 12.30pm and 2pm so you can eat without being interrupted. Visitors are welcome to attend at mealtimes if they are helping patients with their meals.
Hot drinks are available at all times from the tea trolley near the kitchen. This is free for patients. Our catering assistant will also do a tea round in the morning and in the afternoon.
See our meals page for more information on mealtimes.
Facilities on the ward
There is a day room for you and your visitors to use. Please respect the area and keep it clean.
The Hospedia service by your bed offers a radio that you can use for free and a television, which you have to pay for. It also offers a telephone.
Tell us what you think
We hope your stay is as pleasant as possible. If you or any of your visitors have a question or compliment or concern, please: