A new research project into our history is underway that aims to tell the story of our hospitals and our various institutions from the 1970s to the 2000s. Historians from the University of Manchester are carrying out the research, thanks to generous funding from Guy's and St Thomas'.
Do you have memories to share?
A key aspect of the research includes collecting memories and recollections from staff (past and present), students, patients and volunteers from all areas and occupations.
If you're interested, then please write out your story (as short or as long as you like) and send it by post or email to one of the addresses on the right.
Questions to help you with your story
- How did you come to work here? What do you remember about your first day?
- What events stand out in your mind and why?
- Have you kept in touch with your work colleagues?
- How has Guy's and St Thomas' changed over the years?
- If you haven't worked here yourself, do you remember family or friends talking about their experiences?
- Did your experience with Guy's and St Thomas' change the way you thought about the NHS?
- Have you had experience of being a patient? What was this like?
For more details, or to send us your story contact:
Tel: 01691 690 333
Tel: 0774 094 8476
Centre for History of Science, Technology and Medicine
2nd floor, Simon Building
University of Manchester
Manchester M13 9PL