Ajay Aggarwal is a consultant in clinical oncology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, and an honorary senior lecturer at King’s College London.
Ajay is a clinical oncologist specialising in the delivery of systemic and radiation therapies for the management of prostate cancer at all stages.
He is the oncology coordinator for the National Prostate Cancer Audit based at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, which has been collecting information on the processes and outcomes of care for all men newly diagnosed with prostate cancer in England and Wales since April 2013.
As part of this work, he has developed outcome indicators using administrative datasets to assess the quality of radiotherapy and surgical treatment at the individual patient and hospital level.
Education and training
- PhD, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 2017
- Master of Science (MSc), London School of Economics, 2013
- Master of Science (MSc), Institute of Cancer Research, London, 2012
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, London, 2011
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, London, 2007
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS), Guy’s, Kings, and St Thomas’ Medical School, London, 2004
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Imperial College London, 2001
- Delivery of sustainable and equitable cancer care in developed and emerging economies
- Health system design
- Performance assessment of cancer care
- NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship, 2014
- Internship World Health Organisation, 2004
Secretary: Carol Thompson
Phone: 020 7188 1447
- Prostate cancer
- Observational studies
- Clinical trials
- Quality improvement
Last updated: January 2023