Consultant head and neck surgeon
Aleix Rovira hsd been a consultant head and neck surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2020. Before this he was a consultant for 2 years at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
He is a core member of our teams caring for people with:
- head and neck cancer
- thyroid cancer
- non-melanoma skin cancer
He provides head and neck cancer services to south east London as well as a tertiary service (referrals from other hospitals) for complex head and neck, thyroid and advanced skin cancer.
He is also part of our transoral robotic programme.
Education and training
- PhD analysing the role of salvage surgery after head and neck cancer previously treated with anti-EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor), University of Barcelona
- Advanced head and neck surgical fellowship, Guy's and St Thomas'
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) training, Bellvitge University Hospital
- Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Head and neck salvage surgery
- Non-melanoma skin cancer cancer
- Improving referral pathways for head and neck cancer patients
- Thyroid cancer
Aleix has written several peer-reviewed publications and book chapters.
Last updated: December 2022