Consultant cardiologist in adult congenital heart disease
Alessandra Frigiola has been a consultant cardiologist and specialist in congenital heart diseases at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2015, and Senior Clinical Lecturer at Kings College London since 2017.
She has subsequently gained expertise in adult congenital heart diseases after having trained for several years at the Heart Hospital (University College London Hospitals), the Brompton Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. Her main areas of interest are exercise physiology in congenital heart disease and multi-modality imaging including cardiac MRI, cardiac CT and echocardiography.
Education and training
- Qualified as an adult cardiologist at the University of Verona, Italy in 2001
- Trained in general medicine
- Adult congenital heart disease lead for research in one of the largest UK centres for cardiovascular diseases
- She is involved in numerous research projects with track record publications in peer reviewed journals and numerous national and international presentations
- Doctor of Medicine by Research (MDres) from University College London, 2012
- Fellowship by the Royal College of Physician (FRCP)
Last updated: January 2023