Amit Pawa is a consultant anaesthetist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and the lead for regional anaesthesia.
Amit became the first chairman of the London Society for Regional Anaesthesia (LSORA) in 2010. He is the president of Regional Anaesthesia UK and sits on the council of the European Society of Regional Anaesthesia.
Amit teaches ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia nationally and internationally. He has created a series of ultrasound regional anaesthesia video tutorials for the LSORA YouTube channel with the help of his regional fellows.
His main areas of clinical practice are:
- upper limb orthopaedic elective and trauma surgery
- plastic surgery
- foot and ankle surgery
- breast cancer surgery
- reconstructive breast surgery
- awake breast surgery
Education and training
- European diploma in regional anaesthesia, European Society of Regional Anaesthesia
- Fellowship in regional anaesthesia, Guy's and St Thomas'
- United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals, 2000
Amit has published on general anaesthesia-free breast surgery, He has also written numerous review articles and editorials on regional anaesthesia.
Phone: 020 7188 0644
- Regional anaesthesia education and training
- Ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia, including ultrasound guided thoracic paravertebral blocks
- Major surgery
Last updated: January 2023