Consultant clinical oncologist (cancer)
Anna Winship was a clinical research fellow in intensity-modulated radiotherapy at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust for 3 years before becoming a consultant. She was lead clinician for gynaecological cancer for 4 years.
She specialises in radiotherapy and brachytherapy for all types of gynaecological cancers including:
She started our state-of-the-art high dose rate brachytherapy service which offers image-guided treatment for cervical cancer patients. She has been clinical lead for various projects at Guy's Cancer Centre, including the one-stop village and IT workstreams.
Education and training
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, 2002
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK, 1998
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), 1992
- Medical sciences (BMedSci), 1990
Anna Winship is principal investigator on a number of clinical trials in gynaecological cancer. She has a research interest in new imaging for brachytherapy planning.
- Gynaecological cancer
- MRI-based 3D image-guided high dose rate brachytherapy for cervix cancer
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for gynaecological cancers
Last updated: September 2022