Bella Madan has been a consultant haematologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2002.
She is lead for education and training at Guy's and St Thomas' haemophilia centre and runs specialist haemophilia and bleeding disorders clinics for adults. She also runs specialist clinics for women with inherited bleeding disorders.
Bella has co-authored joint Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and United Kingdom Haemophilia Centre Doctors' Organisation guidelines on obstetric management of women with inherited bleeding disorders.
She is an invited speaker both nationally and internationally.
Education and training
- Haematology training, Guy's and St Thomas'
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS)
- Inherited bleeding disorders
- Acquired bleeding disorders
- Gene therapy and new treatments in haemophilia
Bella is the principal investigator in several clinical trials involving gene therapy and other new treatments.
Last updated: March 2023