Ben Fitzwilliams was appointed as consultant anaesthetist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in 2005.
Ben has previously held the role of lead obstetric anaesthetist.
Education and training
- Specialist training in children's and obstetric anaesthesia at St George’s Hospital, London, the Royal Perth Hospital, Australia and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) (Hons), 1996 with a distinction in surgery and obstetrics and gynaecology
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetics (FRCA), 2000
Secretary: Diane Wallis
Phone: 020 7188 0652
- Anaesthesia for children, including extremely premature neonates
- High risk obstetric anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia for plastic, orthopaedic and ENT surgery
- Treatment of intracranial hypotension (in conjunction with neurologists)
Last updated: January 2023