Consultant respiratory physician
Craig Batista is a respiratory medicine consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. He works with the integrated respiratory team to provide care to outpatients, inpatients and people in the community.
He is also a general medical physician and consultant in critical care on the high dependency unit.
Education and training
- Training at teaching hospitals across London and the south east, including Guy's and St Thomas' and the Royal Brompton Hospital
- PhD in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Imperial College London
- Undergraduate training at GKT School of Medical Education
His PhD research was on COPD, and:
- investigated the defective nature of immunity in COPD
- examined new biomarkers
- looked at new medications
Last updated: September 2022