Locum consultant children's dental surgeon
David Baldwin re-joined the department of children’s dentistry in February 2023. He previously worked as consultant in paediatric dentistry at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust from 2014 to 2021.
He worked in maxillofacial, oral surgery, and children's dental training posts prior to specialising in paediatric dental surgery. He has also spent time working in educational roles with the University of Plymouth.
Throughout his career he has worked with children with:
- special needs
- complex medical conditions
- dental developmental defects
- oral pathologies including orofacial clefts, and oral hard and soft tissue disorders
David is registered on the paediatric dentistry specialty list with the General Dental Council.
Education and training
- Bachelor of dental surgery (BDS)
- Diploma of membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS), Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Diploma of conscious sedation for dentistry, King's College London
- Diploma of membership in paediatric dentistry (MPaed Dent), Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Fellowship of the faculty of dental surgery (FDS (Paed Dent)), Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Postgraduate certificate in clinical education, University of Plymouth
- Hard and soft tissue dental and oral surgery
- Management of dental anxiety and behavioural special needs
- Conscious sedation for dentistry
- Treatment of dental traumatic injuries
- Application of cone beam computed tomography (CT) in paediatric dentistry
- Clinical education in paediatric dentistry
Last updated: February 2023