Intensive care consultant
Duncan Wyncoll has been an intensive care consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 1999.
He has general clinical duties in the intensive care unit (ICU). He also cares for people with severe respiratory or cardiac failure who need extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
He speaks nationally and internationally on a wide range of intensive care subjects.
Education and training
- London University
- Royal Brompton Hospital
- King's College Hospital
- Royal London Hospital
- New biomarkers
- Infection prevention
Duncan is active in research, leading studies involved with infection prevention in the ICU.
- Mackintosh Prize for the highest marks achieved in the Fellow of the the Royal College of Anaesthetists examination, 1994
Phone: 020 7188 3044
Email: [email protected]
- Infection prevention in the intensive care unit
- Blood transfusion in critically ill patients
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia prevention
- Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
Last updated: September 2022