Intensive care consultant
Dr Duncan Wyncoll was appointed to Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust as a full-time intensive care consultant in 1999.
Apart from general clinical duties within the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), he also is involved in caring for critically ill patients with severe respiratory +/- cardiac failure who need support with ECMO (extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation). He is also active in research, leading studies involved with infection prevention in the ICU.
He speaks both nationally and internationally on a wide range of intensive care related subjects.
Education and training
- London University
- Royal Brompton Hospital
- King’s College Hospital
- Royal London Hospital.
- Novel biomarkers
- Infection prevention
- Mackintosh Prize (1994) – for the highest marks achieved in the FRCA (Fellow of the the Royal College of Anaesthestists) examination.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 020 7188 3044
Area of expertise: critical care medicine
- Infection prevention in ICU
- Blood transfusion in critically ill patients
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia prevention
- ECMO (extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation)
Last updated: November 2019