Consultant medical oncologist
Elias Pintus has been a consultant medical oncologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2019. He treats all urological cancers.
He is also an honorary consultant medical oncologist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where he specialises in prostate and lung cancer.
After graduating in Italy he treated a wide range of tumour types and was responsible for creating a home palliative care service in Sardinia.
He has experience across several London hospitals as a fellow and associate specialist, including at Leaders in Oncology Care.
While working in Reading as a consultant from 2013 to 2018 he was research lead for the Berkshire Cancer Centre and lead for the cancer of unknown primary multi-disciplinary team.
Education and training
- Speciality training in medical oncology at the University of Sassari, Italy, 2005
- Fellowship, Policlinico Universitario Agostino Gemelli, Rome, 2002
- First-class degree in medicine, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, 2001
- Genetics of urological cancers, particularly prostate cancer
- New treatments for prostate, bladder and kidney cancers
Since 2015 Elias has been principal investigator in clinical trials in prostate, kidney and stomach cancers.
He completed an observership in genitourinary cancers at the Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York in 2018.
- Elected to the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, 2018
Email: [email protected]
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
Last updated: January 2023