Consultant in clinical neurophysiology
Elisaveta Sokolov has been a consultant in clinical neurophysiology at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2020.
She is also a consultant in clinical neurophysiology at Cleveland Clinic London.
Education and training
- Clinical Fellowship in complex epilepsy, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 2020
- Research Fellowship in neurophysiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 2019
- Medical junior doctor and senior registrar training, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, 2012 to 2020
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), Imperial College London, 2012
- Neuroscience MSc, King's College London and Columbia University, NYC, USA, 2008
- Biochemistry BSc, King's College London, 2006
She has ongoing current research interests in seizures related to brain tumours.
She is an active member of the Harvard Global Neurology research group which supports the use of electroencephalogram techniques in the developing world.
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) international travel scholarship, 2019
- British Medical Association (BMA) national book award in neurology, 2018
- BMA national book award in medicine, 2018
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, 2015
- European Association of Neurology grant, 2015
- International DUO award, 2012
Last updated: November 2022