Fuju Chang is a consultant histopathologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and an honorary senior lecturer at King's College London. He has worked on gastrointestinal histopathology and cytopathology for nearly 30 years and has gained profound experience in these sub-specialties. Annually he examines over 4000 patients’ specimens.
In addition to his daily clinical diagnostic work, Fuju is interested in translational research in gastrointestinal disorders. He worked in Finland and China in high risk areas of oesophageal cancer and carried out extensive collaborative research with his Chinese, Finnish, German, Italian and UK colleagues.
Education and training
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath) - 2009
- Specialist Register in UK (Histopathology) - 2003
- Specialist Register in Finland (Pathology) -1998
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - 1990
- Master of Science (MSc) - 1987
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) - 1984
Fuju's research work covers the aetiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and prognosis of gastrointestinal diseases.
Fuju has published over 120 papers in peer reviewed scientific journals and attended numerous professional conferences.
His research has received over 4270 citations in the literature, with current Hirsch Index (HI) of 37 (i10 index 62).
Email: [email protected]
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Oesophageal cancer
Last updated: October 2022