Consultant medical oncologist
Gehan Soosaipillai is a medical oncology consultant based at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Gehan is also an honorary medical oncology consultant at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust.
Gehan actively participates in the education and training of doctors, nurses and allied health professional. He has particular interests in advance care planning and enhanced supportive care.
Education and training
- Certificate of Completion of Training in Medical Oncology, Royal College of Physicians, UK, 2021
- Doctor of Philosophy, Imperial College London, UK, 2021
- Postgraduate Diploma in Oncology, Institute of Cancer Research, University of London, UK, 2016
- Medical Oncology Specialty Certificate Examination, Royal College of Physicians, UK, 2016
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), Royal College of Physicians, UK, 2012
- Bachelor of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK, 2008
- Bachelor of Sciences (Intercalated Degree), University of Southampton, UK, 2007
Gehan has specialist academic interests in digital learning, communication skills training and advance/emergency care planning. He put these interests into practice as a former leadership fellow with the transforming end of life care team at University College Hospital London.
As a clinical research fellow at Imperial College London, Gehan’s PhD research was on the role of design and technology in end of life care and empowering clinicians to have important conversations through innovative learning.
- University College London Hospital (UCLH) Excellence Awards 2020 Chair’s Award for the transforming end of life care team
Email: [email protected]
- Colorectal cancer
- Acute Oncology
- Enhanced Supportive Care
- Advance care planning
- Communication skills training
Last updated: January 2023